Request a Quote
770G Off-Highway Truck
- Standard Equipment
- Optional Equipment
- Alarm, backup
- Alternator, 115 ampere
- Auxiliary jump start receptacle
- Batteries, maintenance-free, 12V (2), 190 amp-hour
- Electrical system, 24V
- Lighting system: - Backup light (halogen) - Directional signals/hazard warning (front and rear LED) - Headlights, (halogen) with dimmer - Operator access courtesy lights (Developing Market Only)
- PRODUCT LINK COMMUNICATIONS
- Product Link Ready
- Engine crankcase
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Air conditioning (Developing Market Only)
- Ashtray and cigarette lighter
- Coat hook
- Cup holders (4)
- Diagnostic connection port, 24V
- Entertainment Radio Ready: - 5 amp converter - Speakers - Antenna - Wiring harness
- Gauges/indicators: - Air cleaner service indicator - electronic - Brake oil temperature gauge - Coolant temperature gauge - Hour meter - Tachometer - Engine overspeed indicator - Fuel level - Speedometer with odometer - Transmission gear indicator
- Heater/defroster (Developing Market Only) (11 070 kCal/43,930 BTU)
- Hoist lever
- Horn, electric
- Light - dome
- Light - courtesy
- Messenger, display unit
- Power port, 12V
- ROPS cab, insulated/sound suppressed
- Seat, Cat Comfort: - full air suspension - retractable 3 point seat belt with shoulder harness
- Seat, training with lap belt
- Steering wheel, padded, tilt and telescopic
- Storage compartment
- Sun visor, tinted glass
- Throttle lock
- Windshield wiper (intermittent) and washer
- POWER TRAIN
- Air-To-Air Aftercooler (ATAAC)
- Air cleaner with precleaner (1)
- Automatic cold mode idle control
- Electric start
- Braking system, hydraulic actuated: - Automatic Retarder Control (ARC) (utilizes rear oil-cooled, multiple disc brakes) - Brake release motor (towing) - Caliper-disc (front) - Oil-cooled, multiple disc (rear) - Parking - Secondary - Service
- Transmission: - 7 speed automatic powershift - Body up shift inhibitor - Controlled throttle shifting - Directional shift management - Downshift inhibitor - Neutral start switch - Neutral coast inhibitor - Reverse shift inhibitor - Reverse neutralizer during dumping - Programmable top gear selection
- SUSPENSION SYSTEMS
- Suspension, front and rear
- OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Body safety pin (secures body in up position)
- Body down indicator
- CD ROM parts book
- Fan, hydraulic demand
- Fuel tank (530 L/140 gal)
- Guard, engine compartment
- Guard, mud
- Ground level battery disconnect
- Ground level engine shutdown
- Ground level grease fittings
- Reservoirs (separate): - Brake/converter/hoist - Steering - Transmission/torque converter
- Rims 13 × 33
- Rock ejectors
- Service platform, left and right side
- Supplemental steering (automatic)
- Tie down eyes
- Tow hooks (front)/Tow pin (rear)
- Vandalism protection locks
- Extended Life Coolant to -35° C (-30° F)
- WEATHER PACKAGES
- PKG, WEATHER STANDARD: - Includes the standard weather package with no heated mirrors
- PKG COLD WEATHER PLUS: - Includes heated mirrors and fuel heater
- PKG, WEATHER PREMIUM: - Includes fuel heater, ether aid and heated mirrors
- PKG COLD WEATHER MAX: - 240V package, coolant heater, ether aid, heated mirrors
- SERVICE PACKAGES
- SERVICEABILITY STANDARD - SERVICEABILITY PLUS: - Centralized grease fittings
- SERVICEABILITY STANDARD - SERVICEABILITY SUPERIOR: - Auto lube option
- PERFORMANCE PACKAGES
- PERFORMANCE PACKAGE - STANDARD: - Standard brakes front dry brakes and rear oil-cooled, multiple disc brakes. - Includes front brake disconnect switch. Utilizes rear-oil cooled, multiple disc brakes.
- PERFORMANCE PACKAGE - PLUS: - Standard Performance Package + Traction Control System
- PERFORMANCE PACKAGE - SUPERIOR: - Standard Performance Package + Traction Control System + Extended life brakes
- ENGINE ARRANGEMENTS
- Tier 2 Equivalent C15 ACERT diesel engine
- Tier 3 Equivalent C15 ACERT diesel engine
- Cat Engine Brake
- EXHAUST PACKAGES
- Body heat/diverter
- BODY OPTIONS
- Flat floor
- Quarry body
- Dual slope
- Steel liner option (not available on Quarry body)
- Rubber liner option
- BATTERY OPTIONS
- Two batteries
- Four batteries
- LIGHTING PACKAGES
- HID option
- OPTIONAL TIRE PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE
- Messenger display
- Languages for messenger display
- TPMS System
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Air conditioning
- PRODUCT LINK
- Product Link GSM
- Product Link GPS
- No Product Link
- OTHER OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
- WAVS cameras
- Spare rims
- Wheel chocks
- Sound Supression Package
- Fast fill fuel
Weights - Approximate
Capacity - Dual Slope - 100% Fill Factor
Capacity - Flat Floor - 100% Fill Factor
Weight Distributions - Approximate
Service Refill Capacities
Hauling quickly, efficiently and reliably
Each power train component is designed and manufactured by Caterpillar to work together as a system in the 770G.
The Cat C15 ACERT™ diesel engine has a proven record in both off-road applications and on-highway trucks in North America. The C15 offers:
- 360 kW (483 hp) of Net power at 1,800 rpm.
- Full power altitude capability up to 3000 m (9,842 ft).
- A solid engine block that uses grey iron with ribbing for strength.
- Six single-piece, steel pistons with steel skirts that help control thermal expansion.
- Pendulum absorbers on the single overhead camshaft reduce noise and vibration.
- Compacted graphite and steel cylinder liners offer long life and tight tolerances for combustion quality.
- A waste-gated and water cooled turbo has a titanium compression wheel for long life at high speeds.
- The fuel system is mechanically actuated but electronically controlled (MEUI™). It responds quickly to load changes and injects extremely fine fuel particles for excellent combustion quality and fuel efficiency.
- Cold temperature idle management adjusts engine speed automatically to maintain optimum running temperatures.
The Cat planetary powershift transmission is an automatic, 7-speed transmission built for heavy-duty, off road applications. Electronic control strategies called APECS manage clutch pressures, torque and throttle during each shift. The result is a quick and responsive truck that has excellent performance on grades. It also delivers a smooth and comfortable ride for the operator.
Fuel Saving Strategies
Adjustable to meet your specific needs
Standard fuel economy is switch activated by the operator from within the cab. The standard economy mode works by reducing engine power. Customers can change the power output of the truck by 0.5 to 15 percent to save fuel.
Adaptive economy mode uses on board sensors and electronics to find opportunities to reduce power based on steady state speed. Customers will set a productivity threshold that the truck should stay above. The truck will regulate the power level based on the haul profile and may change the power of the truck several times in one cycle.
Auto Neutral Idle can have a measureable impact on fuel savings. It works by placing the truck in a neutral state if the operator has been idle in a forward gear with the brake or retarder applied. The truck will automatically resume the forward gear when the brake is released or the throttle is applied.
This feature must be activated by the customer. If engaged, the truck will warn the operator that it is about to shutdown after a prolonged period of idling in “Park.” Customers can set the idle time limit. When the time limit is reached, the truck will shut off the engine.
Speed limiting is a new feature for G Series trucks. Speed limiting allows the truck to travel at an efficient engine speed (rpm) and gear selection. Speed limiting works with Automatic Retarding Control and offers fuel efficiency and component life benefits over gear limiting.
G Series trucks deliver excellent torque and throttle through the shifts. These quick yet smooth shifts help maintain momentum on grades and help fuel efficiency.
Confidence and control on grades
An important feature of Cat trucks is their reliable, heavy-duty brake performance. The design principle is one of long life and excellent performance in quarry, mine and earthmoving applications.
Cat trucks are equipped with hydraulically actuated rear brakes and caliper-disc type front brakes. Each truck has primary service brakes, retarding capability and a parking brake. Rear axle brakes are oil-cooled with large friction discs that provide fade resistant performance. The front axle has dry disc-type brakes. The parking brake is applied on the rear brakes and is designed to hold the fully loaded truck on grades up to 15%. The service brakes are designed to hold the truck on slopes of 20 percent.
Automatic retarding control is standard on the 770G. This feature controls truck speed by automatically applying brake force when the engine exceeds a set rpm. Operators can adjust the engine speed between 1950 and 2200 rpm. This feature is important because it does the work of controlling truck speed without constant input from the operator; it’s smooth for greater control and has a tendency to provide faster cycle times over manual retarding. As a precautionary feature, ARC will automatically engage to prevent engine over speeding at any time during truck operation.
Caterpillar offers an optional engine brake. The engine brake works with ARC to control speed on grade. By incorporating engine braking with automatic retarding, customers can reduce brake component wear in addition to achieving faster cycle times.
Traction Control System
Saving tire life, component wear and cycle times
For wet or slippery ground conditions, the 770G can be equipped with optional Traction Control. This system engages quickly and effectively returns traction to the spinning wheel. The system has steering position sensors to differentiate between turning or slipping. With this ability, the truck can engage TCS at slow speeds and much sooner in the slip. The TCS system uses the hydraulically applied service brakes, this is also a contributor to its responsiveness. By reacting quickly and at slow speeds, tire life and cycle times both benefit.
Bodies for your applications and material types
Caterpillar has body options to meet most material type and application needs. The underbody is constructed of mild steel for load dissipation and simple weld repair.
Flat floor and dual slope bodies are lined with 400 Brinell Hardness Number (BNH) steel for hard impact applications. Two floor types are available, flat and dual slope.
- Flat floor bodies are ideal for delivering product to a crusher; material unloads in a controlled manner.
- Dual slope bodies center the load and keep it stable and retained on steeper grades.
Caterpillar offers a 16 mm (0.62 in) steel liner that can be added to the flat floor and dual slope bodies. This steel liner offers protection against high impact and high abrasion materials.
Caterpillar offers a purpose-built quarry body for soft limestone. This body has a 25 mm (0.98 in), 400 BNH steel floor and does not require additional liners if kept in limestone.
Customers who are loading extremely hard material that has high impact characteristics should consider a factory-installed rubber liner system. This system is intended for hard rock and should not be considered for machines that could be loaded with clay, cohesive material or hot material.
Caterpillar’s 10/10/20 Payload Guidelines are in place to help you maximize productivity with optimum component life and availability of your truck. Your Cat dealer can further explain the 10/10/20 policy. For optimum body life, Caterpillar recommends that 110% payloads occur no more than 10% of the time and that the average of all loads equal the nominal payload. Payload should never exceed 120% of nominal.
Long life and value
Cat trucks are known throughout the industry for reliable, long-life frames. Built for off-road maneuvering and haul road conditions, Caterpillar uses castings in high stress areas and box section construction to manage torsion-loading. The frames are welded on a platform that rotates 360 degrees, allowing consistent, deeply-penetrating welds. Each frame is subject to quality and conformance testing prior to assembly.
The Cat suspension and steering design offers the following benefits:
- Excellent ride quality - empty or loaded
- Front struts act as a king pin for long life in off-road applications
- Simple yet rugged steering system that maintains proper tire alignment
- Inverted rear cylinders stay cleaner longer; reduce shock loading to the frame
Comfort, confidence, control
- Optional automatic temperature control
- Optional power window on left side
- Optional heat and air conditioning
- Low-effort access system
- Optional Cat Comfort Series III seat
- Sound suppression
- Standard Rollover/Falling Object protection in compliance with ISO 3471:2008 ROPS criteria and ISO 3449:2005 Level II FOPS criteria
- Optional camera system for visibility behind the machine
- Excellent mirror coverage and options
- Trainer seat
- Emergency egress through right side window
- Optional cab fluid level monitoring
- An optional Advisor display delivers machine information to the operator on a large, high visibility screen
- Standard Automatic Retarding Control (ARC)
- Optional traction control system
- Speed limiting on the haul
- Excellent visibility to the loading tool
- Primary service brakes, secondary braking
- Slope holding capability on grades of 15%
- Body up speed limiting during unloading
Information and Monitoring
Proactively manage your truck fleet
The Cat gauge cluster is a standard display found in the cab. It displays real-time machine performance and operating data. An optional Advisor display allows a greater degree of communication with the truck and from the truck.
VIMS is the Cat Vital Information Management System. This information management system is integrated into the engine, chassis and all other electronic controllers to deliver valuable information on machine health and productivity. This system uses the Advisor Display to communicate data. VIMS reports provide historgrams on truck operation, payloads and cycle times. These reports can help you manage your fleet, site and provide production levels.
Cat Product Link allows remote monitoring of equipment to improve overall fleet-management effectiveness. Events and diagnostic codes, as well as hours, fuel, idle time and other detailed information are transmitted to a secure web based application, VisionLink™. VisionLink includes powerful tools to convey information to our customers and their dealers, including mapping, working and idle time, fuel level and more. Product Link is not available in all areas, please check with your local Cat dealer.
The Cat Truck Production Management System (TPMS) is an optional tool to help you manage your operations. Indicator lights on the truck tell the loader operator they have additional loads to put on the truck (solid green light) as well as one last pass (blinking red light) and then when the truck is loaded (solid red light). TPMS will track loads, cycle times and payload data - up to 2,400 cycles - and reports out through the on-board display or VIMS. The system takes two payload measurements; the first after loading and a second as the truck pulls away in 2nd gear. This is done for greater accuracy.
TKPH/TMPH stands for Ton Kilometer per Hour/Ton Mile per Hour. This optional feature is an on-board tool that takes the manufacturer’s tire rating and in real time, compares it with ambient temperature, payload, and truck speed. If the tires are calculated to be approaching their temperature limits, the operator will receive a warning. If the tire temperature condition becomes critical your truck can be set up to automatically reduce (or limit) speed to allow cooling.
Saving you time and money
Your Cat G Series truck is designed to provide operators and technicians with easy access to common service points like engine lockout, machine system lockout, fluid level sight gauges, grease fittings and access to the engine for regularly scheduled maintenance.
- Most sight gauges are visible from ground level
- Engine oil and filter change interval is 500 hours under normal operating conditions
- Hydraulic filters have a 1,000 hour life under normal operating conditions
- VIMS™ trend analysis can track machine health and operation
- A brake wear indicator is standard
- Automatic lubrication is available as optional equipment
- Fuses and breakers are easy to access and organized for simple service
- The radiator and cooling cores are aluminum and modular offering easy cleaning or replacement
- Oil sampling ports are provided for quick and clean collection for analysis
- Fuel system features electric priming
- Fast fill fuel is optional
Cat® dealers have what it takes to keep trucks productive
Cat dealers offer a wide range of solutions, services and products that help you lower costs, enhance productivity and manage your operation more efficiently. Support goes far beyond parts and service. From the time you select a piece of Cat equipment until the day you rebuild, trade or sell it, your Cat dealer will stand behind your business with solutions that range from operator training to job site solutions. For more information on how Caterpillar and its dealers can support you, please visit the following web sites: www.Safety.cat.com, www.Mining.cat.com, www.Caterpillar.com and www.Cat.com.
Safety and Sustainability
Priorities that support our people and communities
At Caterpillar, safety is our number one priority. Strong emphasis is given to the safety of those who build, operate, service and work around the 770G.
- Cat cabs meet ISO 3471:2008 ROPS and ISO 3449:2005 Level II FOPS rollover and falling object protection.
- Low effort access with hand rails for three points of contact and non skid step surfaces.
- Optional fluid level monitoring from the cab.
- The cab offers excellent visibility with mirror choices and an optional camera system.
- Truck brakes designed for long life without fading, and a brake wear indicator.
- Speed limiting regulates haul speeds.
- Optional Traction Control works to return traction on slippery ground.
- Customers can lock out machine steering, and secure the body in the up position during service.
- Body up speed limiting for safety.
- Ground level access to most service areas.
By producing materials for new roads, bridges and energy, we bring about progress. Cat trucks are designed to do this work with less impact on the environment, by reducing machine noise, using less fuel, controlling emissions and incorporating solid, long-life designs. Caterpillar believes that long-term successful companies will be those who integrate sustainability as a core competency. At Caterpillar, we are committed to this path, and we are ready to help our customers do the same. For more information on sustainability and Caterpillar’s on-going development of this strength, please visit www.Caterpillar.com.
Download Specalog Here