Request a Quote
- Standard Equipment
- Optional Equipment
- C18 ACERT diesel engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final emission standards
- 2300 m (7,500 ft) altitude capability with no derate
- 80 amp alternator
- Eco mode
- Lift mode
- Main control valve with ACS
- Hydraulic main pump (2 pump)
- Three SBS radiators for easy cleaning
- Automatic engine speed control
- Water separator in fuel line including water level sensor and indicator
- Four micron fuel filter
- Electrical priming pump with switch
- Electrical connector for a beacon - requires additional hardware
- Bio fuel capability
- Two speed travel
- Circuit breaker
- Right-side light
- Cab skirt light
- Platform light
- Door locks and cap locks
- Signaling/warning horn
- Mirrors, rearview (frame - right, cab - left)
- Steel wall between engine and pump compartment
- Cat data link with capability of using E.T.
- Boom drift reducing valve*
- Stick drift reducing valve*
- Reverse swing damping valve*
- Automatic swing parking brake
- Counterweight with lifting eyes
- Secondary engine shutoff switch
- Product Link standard
- High-performance hydraulic return filter
- Provision for Cat Grade Control, depth and slope - base machine (2D)
- Reversing cooling fan
- Cat walk
- Air cleaner
- Rearview camera
- Bolt-on FOGS capability
- Sliding upper door window
- Safety hammer for breaking glass
- Removable lower windshield with in-cab storage bracket
- Openable skylight
- Interior lighting
- Coat hook
- Beverage holder
- Literature holder
- Utility space for magazine
- Radio mounting
- Two stereo speakers
- Storage compartment suitable for lunch box
- Language display - full graphic, video ready
- Warning information, filter/fluid change information, working hour information
- Machine condition, error code and tool mode setting information
- Start up level check for hydraulic oil, engine oil and engine coolant
- Full time clock on monitor
- Height-adjustable armrest
- Height-adjustable consoles
- Neutral lever (lock out) for all controls
- Travel control pedals with removable hand levers
- Power supply 12V with 2 socket, 1 × 10A converter
- Pressurized operator station
- Gain/response map selection (production, normal, control)
- Cat one key security system
- Track rollers, single flange type
- Towing eye on base frame
- Heavy-duty track roller
- Track motor guards
- Double grouser 650 mm (26 in)
- Double grouser 750 mm (30 in)
- Double grouser 900 mm (35 in)
- FOGS (Falling Object Guard System) including overhead and windshield guards
- Track guiding guards: - Full length - Center section - Three piece
- Vandal guards for windshield
- AUXILIARY CONTROLS AND LINES
- Basic control arrangements
- MISCELLANEOUS OPTIONS
- Adjustable high-back heated seat with mechanical suspension
- Adjustable high-back seat with air suspension and heater
- Boom lowering control device
- Counterweight removal system
- Cold weather package with additional battery, ether aid, jump start and engine block heater
- Straight travel pedal
- Cab front rain protector
- HID cab lights with time delay
- AM/FM radio mounted in right-hand console with antenna and two speakers
- Radio ready mounting at rear location including 24 volt to 12 volt converter
- Fast fill fuel system
- Quick fill and drains for engine oil and hydraulic oil
- Cat Grade Control
Service Refill Capacities
Power to move your material with speed and precision
When it comes to moving heavy material quickly and efficiently, you need hydraulic horsepower - the type of ground-breaking power the 390F can deliver. Major components like the pumps, main control valve, and oil tank are positioned to reduce the effects of heat and hydraulic sound level on operators. And they are close together so shorter tubes and lines can be used. All of this leads to less friction loss, reduced pressure drops, and more power to the ground for the tons of work you need to get done.
Controllability is one of the main attributes of Cat excavators, and one of the key contributors to this is the new ACS valve. The valve is designed to intelligently manage restrictions and flows. It opens slowly when your range of joystick lever movement is small and opens rapidly when movement is high. It puts flow exactly where you need it when you need it, which means you will experience much smoother operation, greater efficiency, and lower fuel consumption. The ACS valve also has a new automatic hydraulic oil warm-up function - a definite plus in putting your machine to work more quickly in cold weather conditions.
Powerful and fuel efficient to meet your expectations
Every U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final ACERT engine is equipped with a combination of proven electronic, fuel, air, and aftertreatment components. Applying these time-tested technologies lets us meet your high expectations for productivity, fuel efficiency, reliability, and service life. Following are the results you can expect:
- High performance across a variety of applications.
- Enhanced reliability through commonality and simplicity of design.
- Maximized uptime and reduced cost with world-class Cat dealer support.
- Minimized impact of emission systems - with no operator interaction required.
- Durability with long service life.
- Improved fuel efficiency with minimized maintenance costs.
- Same great power and response.
The Cat C18 ACERT engine meets today’s U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final emission standards, and it does so without interrupting your job process. Simply turn the engine on and go to work. It will look for opportunities in your work cycle to regenerate itself, and it will give you plenty of power for the task at hand - all to help keep your owning and operating costs to an absolute minimum.
The 390F consumes significantly less fuel than the previous series model, and two built-in features help contribute to that: automatic engine speed control and automatic engine idle shutdown. Automatic engine speed control lowers rpm when the machine doesn’t need it for work. Automatic engine idle shutdown turns the engine off when it’s been idling for more than a specified amount of time, which will lower fuel consumption, hour accumulation, and lead to extended service intervals and higher resale value. A choice of two power modes - high power and economy mode - lets you manage fuel consumption for the work at hand. Collectively, all of these benefits add up to reduced fuel consumption, reduced exhaust and sound emissions, reduced repair and maintenance costs, and increased engine life for you.
The 390F features a new side-by-side cooling system that allows you to put the machine to work in extremely hot and cold conditions. The system is completely separated from the engine compartment to reduce noise and heat. Plus it features easy-to-clean cores and a new variable-speed fan that reverses to blow out unwanted debris that may accumulate during your work day.
The Cat C18 ACERT engine can run on B20 biodiesel fuel that meets ASTM 6751 standards - all to give you more potential fuel-saving flexibility.
Comfort and convenience to keep you productive all day long
The all-new cab provides you with a safe working environment. It also contributes to your comfort because it’s attached to a reinforced frame with special viscous mounts that limit vibration and unnecessary sound. Add in special roof lining and sealing and you have a cab that’s as quiet as any of today’s top pickup trucks.
Air suspension, heated, and cooled seat options are available. All seats include a reclining back, upper and lower slide adjustments, and height and tilt angle adjustments to meet your needs for maximum comfort.
Automatic climate control features multiple air outlets with filtered ventilation. Air flow surrounds you to make your work in either hot or cold weather more pleasant and productive.
Not only can the right and left joystick consoles be adjusted to improve your comfort and productivity during the course of a day, but the joystick levers themselves can be adjusted for gain and response. Gain is the relationship between the control lever stroke and cylinder speed, and response is the time elapsed from the moment the control lever is operated until the cylinder attains speed. The 390F has multiple gain and response settings to make the machine respond exactly how you want it to.
The LCD monitor is easy to see and navigate. Programmable in up to 42 languages to meet today’s diverse workforce, the monitor clearly displays critical information you need to operate efficiently and effectively. You can even change between the backhoe pattern or excavator control pattern right through the monitor. Plus it projects the image from the standard rearview camera to help you see what’s going on around you so you can stay safely focused on the job at hand.
Storage spaces are located in the front, rear, and side consoles of the cab. A drink holder accommodates a large mug with handle, and a shelf behind the seat stores large lunch or toolboxes. Two 12-volt power supply sockets are conveniently located near the key storage areas for charging your electronic devices like an MP3 player, a cell phone, or a tablet.
Structures & Optional Undercarriage
Built to work in your tough, heavy-duty applications
The 390F is a well-built machine designed to give you a very long service life. The upper frame has mountings made specifically to support the new heavy-duty cab; it’s also reinforced around areas that take on a lot of stress like the boom foot, skirt, and counterweight removal system. Massive bolts are used to attach the track frames to the body, and additional bolts are used to increase the machine’s digging forces, which leads to more productivity for you.
The 390F’s undercarriage contributes significantly to its outstanding stability and durability. Track shoes, links, rollers, idlers, and final drives are all built with long-lasting, high-tensile-strength steel. Cat Grease Lubricated Track 4 (GLT4) track link protects moving parts by keeping water, debris, and dust out and grease sealed in, which delivers longer wear life and reduced noise when traveling. Cat Positive Pin Retention 2 (PPR2) prevents looseness of the track pin in the track link, reduces stress concentrations, and eliminates pin walking for increased service life. Optional three-piece guide guards help maintain track alignment to improve the machine’s overall performance - whether you’re traveling on a flat, heavy bed of rock or a steep, wet field of mud.
A 12.4 mt (13.6 t) counterweight - with or without removal device - is available to balance your work needs. Built with thick steel plates and reinforced fabrications to make it less susceptible to damage, the counterweight has curved surfaces that match the machine’s sleek, smooth appearance along with an integrated housing to help protect the standard rearview camera.
Monitor, manage, and enhance your job site operations
Cat Connect makes smart use of technology and services to improve your job site efficiency. Using the data from technology-equipped machines, you’ll get more information and insight into your equipment and operations than ever before. Cat Connect technologies offer improvements in these key areas: Equipment Management - increase uptime and reduce operating costs. Productivity - monitor production and manage job site efficiency. Safety - enhance job site awareness to keep your people and equipment safe.
LINK technologies like Product Link™ wirelessly connect you to your equipment, giving you valuable insight into how your machine or fleet is performing. The system tracks location, hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, and diagnostic codes through the online VisionLink® interface so you can make timely, fact-based decisions to maximize efficiency, improve productivity, and lower operating costs.
GRADE technologies like Cat Grade Control Depth and Slope combine digital design data and in-cab guidance to help operators work more productively and accurately with less rework. Real-time bucket tip positioning and cut and fill data on the standard cab monitor guide the operator to grade, saving money on fuel and materials. Easily upgrade to AccuGrade™ when 3D control is required.
Designed to make your maintenance quick and easy
You can reach routine maintenance items like grease points at ground level and fuel and oil filters and fluid taps from the safety and convenience of the machine’s slip-resistant catwalks. Compartments feature wide service doors designed to help prevent debris entry, and they also securely latch in place to help make your service work simpler.
The 390F features a new side-by-side cooling system with easy-to-clean cores and a new variable-speed fan that reverses to blow out unwanted debris that may accumulate during your work day.
Selecting ventilation inside the cab allows outside air to enter through a fresh air filter. The filter is conveniently located on the side of the cab to make it easy to reach and replace, and it is protected by a lockable door that can be opened with the engine key.
On-board electric lubricator and auto lube systems are available time-saving attachments. The on-board lubricator has a grease container, greasing pump, and a hose with nozzle to help you reach all the greasing points. The auto lube system will do the work for you. An electric refueling pump attachment is also available, and it allows you to refuel from other sources like a barrel or fuel reservoir when a fuel truck or regular fuel pump isn’t on site. The pump automatically shuts off when the fuel tank is full.
The fuel tank’s drain cock makes it easy and simple for you to remove water and sediment during routine maintenance. Plus an integrated fuel level indicator pops up to help you reduce the possibility of fuel tank overfilling.
Features to help protect you day in and day out
The all-new cab provides you with a safe working environment. It also contributes to your comfort because it’s attached to a reinforced frame with special viscous mounts that limit vibration and unnecessary sound. Add in special roof lining and sealing and you have a cab that’s as quiet inside as any of today’s top pickup trucks.
Multiple large steps will get you into the cab as well as a leg up to the catwalks and compartments. Extended hand and guard rails allow you to safely climb to the upper deck. Anti-skid plates on the catwalks, the surface of the upper structure, and the top of the storage box area reduce your slipping hazards in all types of weather conditions. And they can be removed for cleaning.
Ample glass gives you excellent visibility out front and to the side, and the standard rearview camera gives you a clear field of view behind the machine through the cab monitor. The available split-configuration windshield features an upper window with handles that make it easy to slide and store above you and a lower window that can be removed and stored on the inside wall of the cab. An available one-piece windshield comes with a safety hammer to break it in case of an emergency. The large skylight also serves as an emergency exit and provides you with enhanced overhead visibility.
Halogen lights provide plenty of illumination. Cab and boom lights can be programmed to stay on for up to 90 seconds after the engine has been turned off to help you safely exit the machine. Optional High Intensity Discharge (HID) lights are available for enhanced night-time visibility.
Complete Customer Care
Support you can count on
Cat dealers utilize a worldwide parts network to maximize your machines’ uptime. Plus they can help you save money with Cat remanufactured components.
What are the job requirements and machine attachments? What production is needed? Your Cat dealer can provide recommendations to help you make the right machine choices.
Consider financing options and day-to-day operating costs. Look at dealer services that can be included in the machine’s cost to yield lower owning and operating costs over time.
Cat dealers offer a variety of customer support agreements and work with you to develop a plan to meet your specific needs. These plans can cover the entire machine, including attachments, to help protect your investment.
Improving operating techniques can boost your profits. Your Cat dealer has videos, literature, and other ideas to help you increase productivity. Caterpillar also offers simulators and certified operator training to help maximize the return on your investment.
Repair, rebuild, or replace? Your Cat dealer can help you evaluate the cost involved so you can make the best choice for your business.
Generations ahead in every way
- The C18 ACERT engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final emission standards.
- The 390F performs the same amount of work while burning significantly less fuel than the previous D Series model, which means more efficiency, less resources, and fewer CO2 emissions.
- The 390F has the flexibility of running on either ultra-low-sulfur diesel (ULSD) fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less or biodiesel (B20) fuel blended with ULSD.
- An overfill indicator rises when the tank is full to help the operator avoid spilling.
- Quick fill ports with connectors ensure fast, easy, and secure changing of hydraulic oil.
- The machine is built to be rebuilt with major structures and components remanufactured to reduce waste and replacement costs.
- The 390F is an efficient, productive machine that’s designed to conserve our natural resources for generations ahead.