Request a Quote
- Standard Equipment
- Optional Equipment
- POWER TRAIN
- Cat C3.8 electronic turbo diesel engine; direct injection, fuel system: - Common rail fuel injection - 3 stage - U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim/EU Stage IIIB - Active regeneration, in-cylinder dosing
- Cooled EGR NOX reduction
- Particulate matter reduction
- Fuel: Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel @ <15 ppm
- Engine Oil: CJ-4
- Electric fuel pump with four micron filtration
- S∙O∙SSM port, transmission oil
- Hydrostatic transmission, 20 km/h (12.5 mph)
- Lubed for life universal joints
- Forward - Neutral - Reverse on joystick
- 100% locking differentials, while moving
- Brakes, service: - Enclosed, wet-disc full hydraulic
- Brakes, parking (also secondary brake): - Mechanical on drive-line
- Radiator, serviceable core, single plane
- Air cleaner, radial seal, dual filters
- Air inlet heater starting aid
- Cooling fan, hydraulic
- Radiator expansion tank
- Tires, 17.5-25 12PR
- Parallel lift, Z-bar loader
- Ground access grease points
- Automatic lift kickouts
- Priority steering
- Hydraulics, two valve, one joystick
- Hydraulic diagnostic pressure taps
- S∙O∙S port, hydraulic oil
- Hydraulic oil cooler - single plane
- Hydraulically driven cooling fan
- Pump, variable displacement piston
- 80-ampere alternator
- One 1,000 CCA maintenance free battery
- Halogen flood lights (front and rear)
- Directional Signals (front and rear)
- 12 volt direct electric starting
- Ignition key start/stop switch
- Switch, battery disconnect key
- Steering wheel mounted warning horn
- Product Link ready wiring
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- ROPS/FOPS cab, pressurized and sound suppressed
- Hydraulic control lever lockout
- Electro hydraulic implement controls
- Gauges: - Engine coolant temperature - Hydraulic oil temperature - Fuel level - Speedometer - Digital hour meter
- Operator warning system indicators: - Brake charge pressure low - Engine malfunction - Park brake applied - Electrical system voltage low - Hydraulic oil filter bypass - Action indicator - Diesel particulate filter
- Interior light
- Seat: - Fabric or vinyl - Adjustable height, backrest, armrest - Seat belt, retractable
- Wiper/washer front (intermittent)
- Wiper/washer rear
- Tinted front glass, laminated
- Side and rear glass, tempered
- Adjustable steering column
- Rear window defrost
- Rearview mirrors, outside (two)
- Storage box with cup holder
- Ground level door release
- Internal 12V power source
- External 12V power source
- Extended life coolant antifreeze, protected to -36° C (-33° F) hydraulic oil
- Cat Advanced Hydo 10
- Fenders, front and rear
- Engine enclosure - lockable
- Recovery hitch
- Vandalism protection - locked service points
- REGIONAL STANDARDS (as required)
- Alarm, back-up alarm
- Chocks, chassis mounted wheel
- Guard, bucket tooth or edge
- Decals, roading speed
- Decals, in cab, roof height
- Reflectors, roading
- Plate, year of manufacture
- Power train, high rimpull, 40 km/h (25 mph)
- Turbine precleaner option
- Loader arrangement, pin on, high lift
- Loader arrangement, standard coupler
- Loader arrangement, wide coupler
- Loader, arrangement, wide coupler, high lift
- Automatic bucket/fork positioner
- Hydraulics, three valve, one lever
- Hydraulics, three valve, one lever, high lift
- Hydraulics, four valve, one lever
- Lights, roading, RH dip
- Lights, roading, LH dip
- Lights, cab, working (four)
- Fan cooling, on demand
- Steering, secondary
- Standard, canopy
- Feature package, road
- Ride Control, Creeper, Implement Modulation, Hystat Aggressiveness, Throttle Lock
- Feature package, load
- Return To Dig, Lift Kickout, Rimpull Control, Implement Modulation, Hystat Aggressiveness, Throttle Lock
- Feature package, road and load
- Combined above features
- Seat belt, retractable 75 mm (3 in)
- Heater and air conditioner
- Blind, rear
- Security system, machine
- 17.5-25 12PR L2
- 17.5-R25 XHA * L3
- 17.5-R25 * L2,3 PC RM
- 17.5-25 16PR L3, 3PC RIM
- 17.5-25 GY L2/L3
- 17.5-25 12PR L2, SNOW
- Limiter, axle oscillation
- For canopy only
- Guard, hose, three valve
- Guard, hose, four valve
- Guard, hose, three valve, high lift
- Guard, coupler hose, standard lift
- Guard, coupler hose, high lift
- Fenders, mudflaps
- Enclosure, sound suppression, EU
- Enclosure, sound suppression, Blue Angel
- Engine coolant, extreme temperatures
- Hydraulic oil, biodegradable
- Year of manufacture plate
- Battery, heavy duty
- Beacon, rotating
- Harness, wiring, work tool
- Alarm, back-up
- Product Link
- Cat radio
- Tool box, lockable
- License plate mount
Service Refill Capacities
Loader Hydraulic System
Parallel Lift Loader Linkage
Cat Optimized Z-bar Loader delivers enhanced visibility with maximum productivity.
The Cat Optimized Z-bar Loader combines the digging efficiency of a traditional Z-bar with tool carrier capabilities for great performance and versatility.
- Parallel lift and high tilt forces throughout the working range help you safely and confidently handle loads with precise control.
- Linkage features excellent visibility to the bucket cutting edge and fork tips.
- High Lift versions are also available on both models.
Industry Leading Operator Station
Superior visibility, ergonomics and comfort.
Enjoy all day comfort in the spacious K Series cab:
- Low effort, responsive joystick includes integrated Forward/Neutral/Reverse switch, differential lock and continuous flow triggers along with optional third and fourth function auxiliary hydraulics.
- Easy access to the cab with ergonomically placed grab rails, steps and large platform.
- Low sound levels.
- Superior visibility to the work tool due to the wide windshield and Cat Optimized Z-bar Loader.
- Optional air conditioning with defrost/demist.
- A standard heated, air suspension seat with lumbar and seat back tilt adjustment.
The front console provides easy access to vital machine information, along with lights and ECO mode switches. Eco mode saves fuel and reduces engine wear with an engine speed control. The right hand console holds secondary functions beyond the all-in-one joystick controller.
- New soft touch keypad on the right hand console contains new electronic functions and settings including Implement Modulation, Hystat Aggressiveness, Ride Control, Return To Dig, Lift Kickout, Engine Speed Control, and Rimpull Control.
- LCD read out for: travel speed, speed range selection, hydraulic oil temperature, service hour meter, engine coolant temperature, and fuel level.
- Indicators: diesel particulate filter, starting aid, engine, electrical, parking brake, directional turn signals, brakes, high beams, action required notice, continuous flow, hydraulic filter bypass, bucket float, creeper, directional F/N/R.
Hydrostatic drive adjusts to be faster or smoother for the task.
The Cat power train is computer controlled which actively monitors engine, operator input and drive train load, adjusting the hystat transmission to keep the machine working at peak efficiency.
The Cat C3.8 turbo engine provides cleaner, quieter operation while delivering superior performance and durability. The engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim and EU Stage IIIB emission requirements. The engine also features:
- The C3.8 uses an active regeneration system which requires no operator interaction under normal conditions.
- Automatic, electronic, self-priming fuel pump encourages good maintenance practice. At the service interval, simply install a clean, dry filter element and then turn the ignition key to ON. The engine will be self-primed and ready to start in less than 20 seconds.
- Three separate fill points accommodate differently sized containers.
- The engine is serviceable from either side of the chassis.
- The easily accessible diesel particulate filter has a minimum 3,000 hour cleaning service interval. The on-board monitor will advise when diesel ash cleaning service is needed.
- Focused on fuel efficiency, significantly reducing owning and operating costs.
- Easy access to all service points to get to work sooner.
- The Hystat Aggressiveness feature allows the operator to increase the directional shift responsiveness for faster loading cycles, or adjust for finer control for sensitive tasks such as moving heavy pallets.
- Rimpull Control feature enables the operator to match available tractive power to underfoot conditions, helping reduce tire wear.
- Creeper Control precisely adjusts the machine ground speed when using work tools such as brooms and snow blowers.
- Electronic Engine Speed Control feature allows you to maintain constant engine RPM regardless of travel speed.
- Thus, pairing Creeper Control and Engine Speed Control, the operator can easily control the hydraulic power going to the work tool, while optimizing ground speed for best operation.
- Three speed ranges ensure maximum controllability for any task.
Fully locking front and rear differential axles are standard and can be engaged at full torque on-the-go below 6 km/h (4 mph), with a button on the joystick. The enhanced modulation of the inching function utilizes the first half of brake pedal engagement to hydrostatically decelerate without any wear on the braking system. This allows the operator to find a rhythm in V-cycle truck loading, for instance, using the throttle and inching/braking pedal together for a faster loader while controlling ground speed. The brake system includes independent service brakes on the front and rear axles. The parking brake is mechanically activated and released with a hand lever next to the operator’s seat.
Operator tuned hydraulics matches responsiveness to the task.
K Series machines feature a new electro-hydraulic control system. The load-sensing, variable flow system on the 914K senses work demand and adjusts flow and pressure to match. This allows full hydraulic forces at any engine speed.
- The new electronic joystick operation is finely tuned for smooth operation, yet fast cycle times.
- The Implement Modulation feature provides three settings for faster, more responsive hydraulics for repetitive tasks like truck loading. Or, this feature can adjust for smoother hydraulics needed with heavy fork loads or more restrictive areas.
- An electronic Return to Dig feature levels the bucket as the loader comes down after dumping. This speeds cycle times by letting the operator focus on the next dig point rather than setting the bucket position.
- The Lift Kickout feature prevents the loader from exceeding a pre-set height, ideal for working inside a building with lower height restrictions. Once the joystick is pulled back into a soft detent, the operator releases the joystick as the hydraulics continue to the pre-set height.
- The third function auxiliary hydraulics can be set for Continuous Flow when using hydro-mechanical work tools.
- Ride Control is available to smooth the ride, keep the tires in contact with the ground and maximize material retention.
Do more jobs with one machine.
An extensive range of work tools and bucket styles are available to make your Cat Wheel Loader one of the most versatile machines on the job site.
Performance Series Buckets utilize a system-based approach to balance bucket shape with the machine’s linkage, weight, lift and tilt capacities. They deliver higher fill factors and better material retention for significant productivity and fuel efficiency improvements. The buckets feature a longer floor, open throat and curved side bars.
- Light Material
- Multi Purpose
- Wood Chip
- Pallet Forks
- Material Handling Arm
- Snow Pushers
- Angle Blades
- V-Plow Blades
- Side Dump Buckets
- Grapple Forks
The Cat Integrated Toolcarrier coupler provides interchange with a multitude of new and legacy tools. An ISO 23727 coupler interface is also available for use with competitive work tools.
Customize your machine to meet your needs.
A variety of options are available on the Cat K Series Compact Wheel Loaders to suit your specific operator comfort and application needs. See your Cat dealer for more information about the features below and additional options.
- Mudflaps and Fenders
- Secondary Steering*
- 75 mm (3 in) Seat Belt*
- Security System
- Three Piece Wheel Rims
- Snow Tires
- Flexport™ Tires
- Biodegradable Oil
- Engine Coolant Heater
- Rotating Beacon
- Back-up Alarm*
- License Plate Mount
- Rear Window Shade
Easy service to keep your machine working.
All service points are easily accessible. Three large service doors can be opened and closed in any order to give full access to filters and service points. Extended service intervals reduce service time and maximize uptime. Additional service features include:
- Convenient access door for quick fueling through left service door.
- Convenient access door for coolant fill.
- Caterpillar electric fuel priming pump for ease of service.
- Easy access to battery terminals for jump starts.
- Single plane cooling system for engine and hydraulics.
- Top mounted air conditioner condenser for easy clean out.
- Product Link ready (standard).
Unmatched support makes the difference.
Your Cat dealer is ready to help you every step of the way. From new or used machine sales, to rental or rebuild options, your Cat dealer can provide an optimal solution to your business needs. Unsurpassed worldwide parts availability, trained technicians and customer support agreements maximize your machine uptime.
Download Specalog Here