KEEPING YOU MOVING
SERVICING YOUR CATERPILLAR MACHINES
Hydraulics are critical to the optimal functionality of your Caterpillar heavy equipment machines. Hydraulics, at its core, is the use of liquids to do work, or to cause a movement. For heavy equipment, hydraulics are what allow a crane to lift heavy objects and a bucket to be moved by a loader. An engine or a motor powers a pump that then pressurizes the hydraulic fluid. This fluid that is now under pressure passes through hydraulic tubes or hoses to move objects. When you are through with the movement, the fluid reverses course and passes through a filter and back to the pump where it is ready to be used again.
Hydraulic hose rebuilding is the process of restoring broken tubes or hoses so that you can keep performing work for you or your client. These tubes, even though they are usually reinforced with metal or fiber and then placed in a rubber casing, often need replacing or rebuilding in order to perform their jobs optimally.
Wagner Equipment Co. offers the best hydraulic hose rebuilding services at our Caterpillar dealers in Colorado, New Mexico, and Far West Texas. Our field service technicians have all been factory certified and are experts at troubleshooting, diagnosing, and fixing your heavy equipment with our Cat parts. We’ll come to you so you don’t waste time waiting for repairs in the event of a breakdown. If you suspect you need hydraulic hose rebuild or you need any other new or used Caterpillar parts, call your nearest Wagner location today!
SIGNS YOUR HYDRAULIC HOSES & SYSTEMS MAY NEED TO BE REBUILT
SOME SIGNS YOUR HYDRAULIC HOSES NEED REPAIR
- It’s old. If you can’t remember when the last time your hydraulic hoses were replaced or rebuilt, it might be time to call Wagner Equipment for a hydraulic hose rebuild service. Your average hydraulic hose made out of rubber should last about 10 years. However, depending on your use and its exposure to temperature, sunlight, and the elements, this could be shortened. It’s good to keep track of when you have your hydraulic hoses rebuilt.
- Leaks. Many people chalk up leaks to condensation or moisture in the heavy equipment. However, if you notice spots under your heavy machinery, Wagner Equipment Co recommends that you investigate these right away. If hydraulic fluid is leaking from your hoses, your Caterpillar machinery will have a real hard time functioning properly. If the hydraulic leaks are significant enough, your hydraulic system will stop functioning completely.
- Stay on top of kinks or cracks. Kinks or cracks not only restrict the flow of hydraulic fluid to your system, but they will ultimately result in a leak if not fixed. Kinks or cracks will significantly reduce the lifespan of your hydraulic system.
- Rust or other onerous signs. For your rubber hoses, you shouldn’t see rust. However, rubber is probably just the outside casing of a metal tube that contains your hydraulic hose. Thus, if you see signs of rust, odds are, something is amiss with your hydraulic system and should be investigated further to determine any cause. Call Wagner Equipment Co for your next hydraulic hose rebuild service today!
TYPES OF HYDRAULIC HOSES
- SAE Standard Hose. If you are looking for your everyday, run-of-the-mill type hydraulic hose, then this standard hydraulic hose will suffice. It is designed to be used with petroleum or water-based fluids and is great for most general industrial applications. This hydraulic hose is usually a single steel, wire-braided and holds up to a wide range of temperatures.
- Standard High-Pressure Hose. These hydraulic hoses are very similar to the standard hydraulic hose except that they are made to withstand higher pressures, such as pressured water and other fluids. These flexible high-pressure hydraulic hoses are used in the oil and gas industry, in mining, and in construction and agriculture.
- Low-Pressure Hose. Low pressure hydraulic hoses typically convey hydraulic fluids that aren’t going to move a heavy load and thus don’t need as much power. These hydraulic hoses are usually textile-braided, and you’ll find them in air or lube lines. However, they won’t be used in safety-related jobs.
- Steel Wire-Braided Hose. Similar to the standard high-pressure hose, these steel wire-braided hoses are made to withstand extremely high pressurized fluids and temperatures. You’ll find these hydraulic hoses in the oil industry, in mining, and in industrial uses.
- Thermoplastic Hydraulic Hose. These hydraulic hoses are great for many applications. Useful for low outside temperatures, these hydraulic hoses resist abrasion and are made from an inner and outer layer of thermoplastic materials with a reinforced fiber inside. You’ll find these popular in construction and in heavy lifting operations.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US
CALL WAGNER FOR HYDRAULIC HOSE REBUILDING TODAY
Hydraulic hoses move the hydraulic fluid to different parts and areas of your machine. They can be made of different types of materials to serve different applications, such as high or low-pressure. While braided textile coverings reinforce the hose, they do still break due to wear and tear, requiring a hydraulic hose rebuilding service.
Wagner Equipment Co offers the best hydraulic hose rebuilding services. Our service technicians are top-notch, and they can get your hydraulic system back up and running perfectly again. After all, you most definitely do not want to be on a job site and have your hydraulics give out. You will lose much more time and money than if you had your hydraulic hoses rebuilt at the first sign of trouble.
Wagner Equipment Co is a Caterpillar dealer with offices in Colorado, New Mexico, and far west Texas. We are proud to bring you new and used Caterpillar heavy equipment as well as heavy equipment rentals that can help you serve your customers and make this world a better place. Contact a Cat dealer near you today!
Wagner is your go-to Cat equipment & parts dealer in Colorado, west Texas, and New Mexico.
SEND A MESSAGE
Get in touch with us. Just use the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. Or if you prefer to chat live with a Wagner Equipment Co. Representative, just click the Live Chat button below.